Pages

Friday, July 3, 2020

Beauty in the World

Kia Ora Everybody!
Lately in class, we were learning about Matariki and the Southern lights. Matariki is a special star constellation that is really important throughout New Zealand and the Maori culture. 

The stars are used to identify how good the harvest will be, The brighter the stars, the better the harvest. Matariki is also the start of the Maori New year. 

The Southern Lights are a beautiful set of colors that appear in the sky in all different shapes and sizes. The Colours are normally green but sometimes you can see red and blue.

You can go look at them in an "auroral zone" near the Arctic in the North and the Antarctic in the South. The southern lights are made by the Collision of charged particles with atoms within our atmosphere.

For our Activity, we did some art, First, we ripped some paper for our mountains and stuck it to some black paper, Next, we got some white paint and splattered it onto our paper to make the effect of stars. We then did our effect of the southern lights. Lastly, we did our Matariki, here is a photo of my finished art. Please tell me what you think and what I could do work on next time, Thanks a bunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post